R 80 GS for sale...?

R-sarjan pyörät
Wunderlicher Alter

R 80 GS for sale...?

Viesti Kirjoittaja Wunderlicher Alter »

Moro and hello all,

I´m sorry my finnish is not existant - I hope I am in the right forum and conversation will be possible in english... ;-)

I am from south germany, with relatives in south Finland. I am thinking of buying a R 80 GS from 1994 with 34.000km, secound owner, engine upgrade to 1000ccm, condition almost as new. For I am short of money, I thought about travelling skandinavia with the bike and propably sell it in Finland. My uncle in Tampere said, that I could make some money with that, too, because those bikes are much more expensive in finland than in germany. My questions are:

1. How is the process of making a german bike road legal in finland (taxes, certificates etc)?

2. How much would this process cost (approximatly)?

3. What would be a realistic price for "my" bike in finland?

4. What is the best marketplace for selling the bike in finland?

Perhaps there are some sites in the net where I could get all this information in english? Do you think the work is worth it? Would you recommend it? Anyway, thanks to everybody, and best regards from the south,

Florian
Pekkavee
Moottoripyörän malli: BMW R1100GS

Re: R 80 GS for sale...?

Viesti Kirjoittaja Pekkavee »

Here you can see what similar bikes could cost in Finland with taxes and registrated in Finland.
http://tinyurl.com/lo7k6n
R100GS from 4000.- EUR to 5750.- EUR. High mileage however.

Nettimoto is the best place to sell:
http://www.nettimoto.com/
Sorry, only in finnish.

If we import a used bike to Finland we have to pay some tax for it. Old bikes lower tax.

I think you could sell it taxfree to somebody in Finland and he could pay taxes and registration in Finland.
Hopefully somebody tells you how.

Pekka
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Wunderlicher Alter

Re: R 80 GS for sale...?

Viesti Kirjoittaja Wunderlicher Alter »

Thank you very much Pekka!

With this information I am looking forward to a pleasant long trip to scandinavia in the next weeks with the GS - I think I will get the price of the bike (3000 Euro) back afterwards. Perhaps it there is anybody out there who has interst on buying the bike from me we could arrange delivery to finland or so. Let´s see. First I want to travel a bit... ;-)

Thanks and best regards,

Florian
Vastaa Viestiin